Innogear makes some awesome diffusers. Personally, I have the Bamboo model with LED mood lights and couldn’t be happier with it.
Issues are rare, but like all electrical items, they can go wrong from time-to-time. Although, with the right care and maintenance you can fix or avoid most problems.
If you’re having issues with your Innogear diffuser not working or have a specific problem hopefully this article will help.
I’ve covered some troubleshooting tips, how to clean your diffuser, and what to do if it’s faulty.
If you still can’t get your Innogear diffuser working after trying all the steps in this article I’ve included Innogear customer support details at the end.
Innogear Diffuser Troubleshooting Tips
Before taking your diffuser apart or ringing customer support, there are some basic things to check that might help.
Go through the following:
- Ensure your diffuser is situated on a flat and level surface.
- Check that it’s plugged into the wall properly and switched on.
- Check that the power supply is plugged into the diffuser and hasn’t worked loose.
- Check that there is enough water in the diffuser. Top it up if necessary but don’t exceed the max line.
- Check you’re turning the diffuser on correctly and using the right settings if applicable. (Check the instructions if you’re unsure – see the bottom of the article.)
- If your diffuser is still not working there might be a more specific problem which I’ve covered below.
Innogear Diffuser Won’t Turn On
If your diffuser won’t turn on the first thing you need to do is check the power supply to the unit. Try checking the following:
- Is the adapter plugged into the wall and switched on?
- Is the power supply connected to the diffuser correctly?
- Try unplugging the power for 30 seconds, then plugging it back in and turning it on.
- Ensure the diffuser is situated on a hard, flat surface.
- If none of this helps there is probably an electric issue with the diffuser. I advise contacting Innogear directly for advice, you can find their contact details below.
Innogear Diffuser not Misting
If your Innogear diffuser is turning on and running but not misting properly there could be a few reasons. Try the following steps to see if it resolves the issue:
- Give your diffuser a good clean (cleaning instructions below).
- Fill it with new tap water being sure not to exceed the max line limit.
- Make sure the diffuser is on a flat surface.
- Make sure there is nothing obstructing air outlets.
- If the diffuser still doesn’t mist or diffuse properly after checking all these points there is probably a fault with the unit.
I recommend contacting Innogear on the contact details at the end of this article and taking their advice.
Innogear Diffuser Cleaning
If you’re starting to experience problems with your diffuser and haven’t cleaned it in a while, it’s time to give it a clean.
The good news is it only takes a few minutes, and if you clean it once a week or so it’ll keep it running optimally.
First of all, check your instructions for any specific cleaning rules to follow so you don’t void your warranty.
When you’re good to go, all you need is some white vinegar, Q-tips, water, and a few minutes of your time.
Just carry out the following steps:
- Remove any water that’s in your diffuser.
- Fill your diffuser about half way and add a spoon of white vinegar.
- Switch on the unit and let it diffuse the water and vinegar for a few minutes.
- Switch it back off and remove any of the remaining water.
- Use a Q-tip dipped in vinegar to clean out the corners and remove any oil still stuck in the unit.
- Wash out the diffuser with clean water.
- Now it’s all clean and ready to go. Refill with water, add your oil and diffuse.
Innogear Diffuser Manual
You can find manuals and further instructions and specifications on the Innogear website. Here are the instructions for one of their top models for example.
If you still haven’t resolved your diffuser issues and want to speak to the Innogear support team you can contact them by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Troubleshooting Guides for Other Diffuser Brands/Models
|Brand / Make of Diffuser||Troubleshooting Instructions
|Young Living Diffusers||Click here|
|Now Diffusers||Click here|
|Bamboo Diffusers||Click here|
|doTERRA Petal Diffuser||Click here|
|Radha Beauty Diffusers||Click here|
|Urpower Diffusers||Click here|
|Puzhen Diffusers||Click here|
|SpaRoom Diffusers||Click here|