Is your doTERRA Petal Diffuser not working properly? If you have problems switching it on or it’s not misting properly I’ve covered some troubleshooting tips that should help.
If you’ve not been cleaning your diffuser on a regular basis now is the time to start too. So I’ve covered how to clean your diffuser, and this will help keep it running optimally.
If you’re still having issues after trying the tips in this article there is likely a fault with your diffuser.
I’ve included doTERRA’s customer support details at the end article, contact them if your diffuser is under warranty and see what they advise.
doTERRA Diffuser Troubleshooting Tips
If you’re experiencing some general problems with your diffuser not working optimally start with these general troubleshooting tips:
- Start by ensuring your diffuser is on a level, flat place.
- Check your diffuser is plugged in and the socket is switched on.
- Check the power cord is plugged in securely to the diffuser and hasn’t come loose.
- Check there is enough water in the bin, but also that it’s not above the max line.
- Check you are turning the diffuser on correctly (it’s not on a timer) by reading the instructions.
- Remove the water and clean the diffuser (cleaning instructions below).
If you’ve done all of the above and your diffuser is still not working I’ve answered some more specific problems below.
doTERRA Petal Diffuser Won’t Turn On
If your Petal isn’t turning on there is an electrical issue. Try the following to see if you can resolve it:
- Check the adaptor or USB is plugged into a power source that works correctly.
- Check the power supply is plugged into your diffuser correctly.
- Try unplugging both end of the power supply for 30 seconds then reconnecting it.
- Make sure the diffuser is on a hard, flat surface.
If it’s still not working after checking these points it’s likely there is an electrical issue you can’t fix.
doTERRA Petal Diffuser not Misting
I had a problem with my Petal not misting as strong as it should be and was able to resolve it by running a cleaning cycle.
If you’re having misting issues try the following:
- Run a cleaning cycle through the diffuser (instructions below).
- Pour away the water and replace it with new tap water.
- Make sure there is plenty of water in the diffuser, but don’t exceed the max filling line.
- Make sure you have the diffuser on a hard, level surface.
If you’ve tried all of this and it’s still not misting correctly it’s likely there is a mechanical or electrical issue with your diffuser.
If your Petal has a blinking light it’s indicating that there is a problem. Check all of the following, one of these reasons is likely the reason and will help you resolve it:
- Check your diffuser is on a flat surface. You should not have it situated on an angle, or any thing like a rug or soft material that may be upsetting the balance of the water and airflow.
- Check there is plenty of water in the bin, but not above the max line.
- Unplug the unit for 30 seconds before plugging it back in.
- Empty the bin and refill it with tap water at room temperature.
If none of the above helped, clean your diffuser, refill with fresh water, and try again.
doTERRA Petal Diffuser Cleaning
A little cleaning and maintenance on a regular basis goes a long way with diffusers. It keeps them running optimally, and reduces the chance of them breaking.
All you need to do is run your Petal through a cleaning cycle once a month with a little vinegar. To do this just follow these steps:
- Pour away any water in your diffuser.
- Fill it half way with fresh tap water.
- Add 5-10 drops of white vinegar.
- Switch on the diffuser and let it diffuse the mixture for 5-10 minutes.
- Switch it off and pour away any remaining water.
- Look inside and if you see any dirt or oil particles clean them out with a Q-tip dipped in vinegar.
- Rise the unit out with clean water.
- That’s all there is to it, it’s ready to use again.
doTERRA Petal Diffuser Manual
doTERRA do not have their complete manuals online as far as I can find. You can find their Petal Diffuser pdf here with some additional information though.
If you’re still having issues with your Petal you can contact their product support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Troubleshooting Guides for Other Diffuser Brands/Models
|Brand / Make of Diffuser||Troubleshooting Instructions
|Young Living Diffusers||Click here|
|Now Diffusers||Click here|
|Bamboo Diffusers||Click here|
|doTERRA Petal Diffuser||Click here|
|Radha Beauty Diffusers||Click here|
|Urpower Diffusers||Click here|
|Puzhen Diffusers||Click here|
|SpaRoom Diffusers||Click here|
I’m a MA, (CMT) Certified Massage Therapist, Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT), and Reiki Master — I’m a licensed massage therapist with over 10 years of experience in the industry.