I love experimenting with essential oils and recently I’ve been testing out a few recipes, cooking with essential oils by and adding a few drops of my favorite essential oils.
You have to be careful when ingesting essential oils, and personally I only experiment with recipes and oils I know are safe.
I use essential oils that are GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe) by the FDA. In this recipe, I used doTERRA’s Wild Orange. I featured some of the uses of this amazing oil before and absolutely love it.
I recently made some Wild Orange Bliss Balls, which are a slight variation on doTERRA’s Power Bites. These tasty little bites are perfect to give you a nutritional boost and will leave a lovely taste and aroma with you.
If you want to have a go check out the ingredients and directions as follows:
doTERRA Orange Bliss Balls Recipe
- 1 Cup desiccated coconut
- 1 Cup almond butter
- 1 Cup of raisins
- ½ Cup of honey
- ½ Teaspoon of salt
- 1 Tablespoon of chia seeds
- 3 Drops of doTERRA Wild Orange Essential Oil
- Keep half a cup of coconut for later, add the rest of the ingredients into a bowl or machine mixer.
- Give all the ingredients a good mix, it’s a lot easier with a machine mixer!
- Wet your hands so the mixture doesn’t stick and roll into balls a couple of centimeters in width.
- Roll them in the remainder of the coconut to coat them.
- Keep in the fridge.
That’s literally all there is to it, this is one of the easiest and quickest recipes that’ll impress anyone who has a taste.
The Wild Orange will give you a boost of energy, so eat one in the morning before heading out to work or before a workout.