Yankee Candle is a popular brand of candles known for their high-quality and variety of scents.
The company offers a range of candle types, and their most popular candles are made from paraffin wax, soy wax, or beeswax.
What Are Yankee Candles Made Of? Here are their three main candle types
Yankee Paraffin Wax Candles
Yankee’s paraffin wax candles are made from a blend of waxes that are solid at room temperature.
The wax is melted and mixed with fragrances and dyes to create the desired scent and color.
The melted wax is then poured into a mold and left to cool and solidify.
- Pros: Paraffin wax candles are inexpensive and have a long burn time. They also hold scent well, so the fragrance of the candle will be strong when burning.
- Cons: Paraffin wax is a petroleum-based product and can release harmful chemicals when burned. Some studies have also shown that paraffin wax candles may produce higher levels of soot, which can be harmful to breathe in.
Yankee Soy Wax Candles
Yankee’s soy wax candles are made from soybean oil, which is a natural and renewable resource.
The soybeans are processed and refined to create the wax. Like paraffin wax candles, the soy wax is melted and mixed with fragrances and dyes before being poured into a mold to solidify.
- Pros: Soy wax candles are natural and renewable, making them a more eco-friendly option. They also have a lower melting point, which means they burn at a cooler temperature and can have a longer burn time than paraffin wax candles. Soy wax candles also produce less soot when burned.
- Cons: Soy wax candles can be more expensive than paraffin wax candles and may not hold scent as well. They may also have a shorter burn time than paraffin wax candles.
Yankee Beeswax Candles
Yankee’s beeswax candles are made from pure beeswax, which is produced by bees as they make honeycomb.
The beeswax is collected and refined to create the candle wax. Like the other types of candles, the beeswax is melted and mixed with fragrances and dyes before being poured into a mold to solidify.
- Pros: Beeswax candles are natural and renewable, making them an eco-friendly option. They also burn longer and cleaner than paraffin wax candles, producing little to no soot. Beeswax candles also have a natural, subtle honey scent.
- Cons: Beeswax candles can be expensive, as beeswax is a costly ingredient. They may also not hold scent as well as paraffin wax candles.
What Is so Special About a Yankee Candle?
If you like candles, I’m sure you’ve heard of Yankee candles as they’re one of the market leaders for candles, wax melts, dinnerware, and other accessories.
Here are 5 of the top reasons why people love Yankee candles and what makes them so special:
Wide variety of scents
Yankee candles offer a wide range of scents, including floral, fruity, spicy, and seasonal options.
This means that there is likely a scent that will appeal to everyone.
Yankee candles are made from high-quality ingredients, including paraffin wax, soy wax, and beeswax.
This ensures that the candles burn well and have a strong, long-lasting fragrance.
100% natural and cruelty-free
All of Yankee’s products are 100% natural, cruelty-free, vegan, and do not contain any synthetic fragrances or dyes.
This makes them an ideal choice for those who are conscious about the environment and animal welfare.
Wide range of candle types
In addition to traditional jar candles, Yankee also offers votive candles, taper candles, and more.
This allows customers to choose the type of candle that best suits their needs.
Yankee candles are known for their attractive packaging, which makes them a popular gift option.
The candles are often packaged in colorful boxes with detailed labels, making them visually appealing as well as fragrant.
Related – What to know if Yankee candles are vegan and cruelty-free? Read this post!
Do Yankee Candles Have Chemicals?
Yankee Candles do have chemicals in them, yes.
They’re made by using paraffin wax, soy wax, and beeswax as the main wax types, then there are also fragrances added which are chemicals.
Paraffin wax is a petroleum-based product and can contain potentially harmful compounds such as toluene and benzene.
The fragrances used in Yankee Candles are also man-made chemicals which can be potentially harmful.
However, Yankee candles are phthalate-free, meaning they do not contain any of the potentially harmful chemicals that are often found in fragrances.
The wicks in Yankee candles are made from 100% cotton too which give them a clean and even burning experience without releasing potentially harmful chemicals.
So while they may contain some chemicals, overall Yankee candles are a safe and eco-friendly choice.
Image credits – Photo by Brittani Burns on Unsplash
I’m a MA, (CMT) Certified Massage Therapist, Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT), and Reiki Master — I’m a licensed massage therapist with over 10 years of experience in the industry.