If you have a good landlord – or if your landlord has done something worth thanking – why not thank them?
Thanking your landlord is going to help strengthen your relationship as a tenant, and only make your time renting from them more amicable.
Sending a thank you note only takes a few minutes and it can make a world of difference to the person on the receiving end.
If you want some help with what to write, here are 20 examples of thank you notes to give your landlord:
Thank You Note to Landlord: 20 Examples
- “Thank you for being so flexible with the lease and such a supportive landlord. It has been a pleasure to rent from you.”
- “Thank you for being such an understanding landlord. Your help and advice are greatly appreciated and it’s made my time renting from you that much more enjoyable.”
- “Thank you for always responding so quickly to maintenance requests. You have made living here very easy so I just wanted to send you a brief note to that effect.”
- “I really appreciate your prompt attention to my concerns. It’s made me feel more secure in this place, and I can’t thank you enough.”
- “Thank you for your generosity with the rent. You have been so understanding of my situation and it really means a lot to me.”
- “I wanted to express my gratitude for the way you handle all of the paperwork. You have been so organized and it has taken away a lot of my stress.”
- “Thank you for being such an accommodating landlord. Your flexibility has made life easier, and I’m grateful for it.”
- “It’s been a pleasure to work with you over the years. Thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this renting experience.”
- “I wanted to thank you for allowing me early access to my security deposit when I moved out. It was very generous of you!”
- “I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate all of your hard work in keeping this building running smoothly. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.”
- “Thank you for taking the time to explain everything so clearly when I first moved in. It really helped set me up for success here.”
- “I wanted to thank you for your willingness to work around my schedule when it comes to things like maintenance and inspections. It’s really helped me out!”
- “Your prompt response to my questions is greatly appreciated. You have been so helpful throughout this whole process and I wanted to express my gratitude.”
- “Thank you for being a great landlord! Your efforts in helping me with any issues that come up are always highly valued.”
- “I just want to say thank you for being so understanding of the fact that I’m living on a budget. Your support has made life much easier.”
- “Thank you for always keeping us informed about what’s going on in the building. This transparency is really appreciated by all of the tenants.”
- “I appreciate your willingness to help out with any issues that come up. Knowing that you are there for us is really reassuring!”
- “Thank you for being approachable and available whenever I need help or advice. Your timely responses have been a godsend.”
- “It’s been great having someone who is so understanding when it comes to difficult situations like missed rent payments. Your kindness means the world to me.”
- “Thank you for all of your support throughout my time here. I’m grateful to have had such an accommodating landlord over the years.”
I’ve written thank you notes covering a wide range of topics and situations. I hope you were able to find something to work for you and/or can be tweaked to do so!
What to Say in A Thank You Note of Appreciation?
No matter what type of thank you note you want to write your landlord, make sure to include a few key elements.
First of all, make sure to express your appreciation for whatever it is you’re thanking them for.
This could be anything from a quick response to maintenance requests, their flexibility with rent payments, or their understanding when it comes to difficult situations.
Second, show your gratitude for their willingness to help out and be understanding of your specific situation.
This is especially important if you’re writing a thank you note due to some issue that has arisen.
Finally, let them know how much you appreciate their efforts in keeping the building running smoothly.
This could be something as simple as sending out emails to tenants about any updates or changes in the building.
Ultimately, when writing a thank you note to your landlord, make sure that it is sincere and heartfelt!
Why It’s Nice to Give a Good Landlord a Thank You Note!
A thank you note to your landlord can be a great way to show your appreciation for all that they do for you.
By taking the time to write a thank you note, it can help your landlord to feel valued and appreciated for all of their hard work.
This can go a long way in helping to foster positive relationships between tenants and landlords!
It’s always good to form good relationships with people, especially those who we have financial agreements with.
It only takes a few minutes to write a note, so there are no excuses – why not send your landlord a nice thank you note today!
Image credits – Photo by Erik Mclean on Unsplash
I’m a MA, (CMT) Certified Massage Therapist, Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT), and Reiki Master — I’m a licensed massage therapist with over 10 years of experience in the industry.