If you hosted a dinner party, gathering, or some other kind of event, you may receive a gift from one or more of the people who attended your event.
If you did receive something, the polite and right thing to do is to send a “thank you” note for the gift you received.
This will only take a few minutes, but it’ll make a world of difference to the recipient!
If you’re struggling to come up with the right words, here are some sample “thank you” notes for a hostess gift:
13 Short Sample Thank You Notes for Hostess Gifts
- “Thank you so much for the generous gift you gave me for hosting the party. Your thoughtfulness and kindness are greatly appreciated.”
- “I wanted to express my sincere gratitude for the thoughtful gift you sent me. It was a pleasure to host for you.”
- “Thank you for the kind hostess gift you gave me. I enjoy hosting and was nervous about it, but this reassures me we all had a great evening.”
- “I am so touched by the generous gift you sent me. Your kindness and thoughtfulness have meant a lot to me. Thank you so much.”
- “Thank you so much for the beautiful gift you gave me at the dinner party. Your thoughtfulness and generosity are greatly appreciated.”
- “Thank you so much for your gift. It will be a pleasure to be able to thank you in person for your kindness soon. Your thoughtfulness means so much to me.”
- “Thank you for the lovely hostess gift. It is a reminder of how much I appreciate your generosity and kindness.”
- “I wanted to thank you again for the wonderful hostess gift you gave me. You have been so thoughtful and kind throughout this process, and it means a lot to me.”
- “Your thoughtfulness was so appreciated and made hosting the party that much easier. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your generous gift.”
- “Once again, I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude for the amazing gifts you sent me as a hostess. Your kindness is greatly appreciated!”
- “Thank you for your generous hostess gift; it was so unexpected and came at just the right time! I truly appreciate your thoughtfulness.”
- “I cannot thank you enough for the wonderful hostess gift. Your generosity and thoughtfulness were deeply appreciated.”
- “Thank you so much for such a thoughtful hostess gift. I could tell that you put a lot of effort into choosing it, and it was greatly appreciated!”
Tips if you want to write your own thank you note for receiving a hostess gift
If you want to write your own personalized “thank you” note, some best practices and tips that’ll help you out are:
Keep it personal
A personalized thank you note shows that you took the time to think about the gift and the person who gave it to you.
Mention specific details about the gift and how it will be used or enjoyed.
Keep it brief
A thank you note does not need to be long to be effective. A few short sentences expressing your gratitude and appreciation are sufficient.
Use a sincere and genuine tone
Your thank you note should be sincere and genuine. Avoid using generic or formulaic phrases and try to express your true feelings of gratitude.
Before sending your thank you note, make sure to proofread it for spelling and grammar errors.
Use proper etiquette
Make sure to use proper etiquette when writing your thank you note. This includes using a proper salutation (such as “Dear [Name]”) and closing (such as “Sincerely” or “Best regards”).
Handwrite your note
While it is acceptable to send a thank you note via email or text, a handwritten note adds a personal touch and shows a greater level of effort and thoughtfulness.
Consider the recipient
Think about the person who gave you the gift and what they might appreciate in a thank you note.
For example, if the gift was particularly sentimental or meaningful, you might want to focus on expressing your appreciation for their thoughtfulness.
Image credits – Photo by Spencer Davis on Unsplash
I’m a MA, (CMT) Certified Massage Therapist, Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT), and Reiki Master — I’m a licensed massage therapist with over 10 years of experience in the industry.