There are few things as exciting and rewarding as receiving a bonus for your hard work!
Whether your bonus was expected or came as a complete surprise, it’s common courtesy to thank your boss if they were responsible.
Here are 20 examples of a thank you note for your boss for receiving a bonus:
Thank You Note to Boss for Bonus: 20 Examples
- Thank you so much for the bonus! I really appreciate it. It’s nice to have my hard work recognized in this way, it was very generous of you.
- Thank you for the bonus! The extra money will help me reach some of my personal goals, it’s very much appreciated.
- Thank you for the bonus! Firstly, I want to say a heartfelt thanks, secondly, I just want to assure you that I will use it wisely!
- I just wanted to say thank you for the bonus, it is very appreciated. I value you and the rest of the team and enjoy working with all of you.
- Thank you so much for the additional compensation. It means a lot to me. As you know, I always push my hardest to meet my goals, so it’s nice to see that being recognized with a monetary bonus.
- Thank you for the bonus, it will help a lot! I’m proud to work at [company name] and even more proud to be surrounded by such an awesome team.
- Thank you for always being such a great boss and advocate. You’ve always had my back, and I’ve always given back 100%. I’m excited to work on future projects.
- Wow, thank you so much for the bonus! It was completely unexpected but very welcomed. Thank you for your continued faith in my abilities, I won’t let you down.
- Receiving this bonus is a great honor, thank you so much for thinking of me. I’ll continue to work hard and exceed your expectations in the coming months.
- This bonus couldn’t have come at a better time, thank you so much! Your faith in my abilities is very much appreciated, I love being part of this team and look forward to continued success.
- Thank you so much for the bonus, it will be a great help! I really appreciate your trust in me and am looking forward to continuing to exceed your expectations.
- Your faith in me is very much appreciated, thank you for the bonus. We’ve had a great year, this is the icing on the cake!
- Thank you for the bonus, it’s very much appreciated. Your trust in me is very important to me, I’ll make sure to put it to good use.
- This bonus is greatly appreciated, thank you so much! I’ll continue working hard to reach my goals and exceed your expectations. Thank you for always being such a great boss and friend.
- Thank you so much for the bonus, it was very welcomed. It’s comforting to know that you trust in my abilities, you know I will always give 100% to the team. Thank you!
- I’m truly grateful for the bonus, it was a very welcome surprise! It will help a lot and I really appreciate your trust in me. Thank you for always being so available, approachable, and supportive, it’s very much appreciated.
- Thank you so much for the bonus! It was greatly appreciated and very welcomed. Thank you for all the support you’ve given me and for always trusting in my abilities.
- The recent bonus really makes me appreciate you, the team and working for [company name]. Thank you very much, it means the world to me and motivates me to try even harder.
- I just want to say one more time, thanks for the bonus. It means a lot to me and my family, I only hope I can continue to exceed what is expected of me and surprise you.
- I feel humbled that you noticed all of my hard work and felt the need to reward me with such a generous bonus. It’s been a pleasure working with you and the team, here’s to continued success!
Thank You Note to Coach From Parents (30+ Examples To Use!)
Thank You Note to Boss When Leaving Job (with 25+ examples)
Thank You Letter to Mentor and Friend (10 Examples & Tips!)
Should You Thank Your Boss for Giving You a Bonus?
It’s always a good idea – and good manners and courtesy – to thank your boss for giving you a bonus, regardless of the amount.
A simple “thank you” shows appreciation for the extra money, and can go a long way in maintaining a good relationship with your employer.
Of course, no one should give a bonus to receive thanks in return. But it will certainly mean a lot to your boss to hear how appreciated you feel.
It only takes a few minutes to write up a thank you note, and it has a huge impact on the person receiving it – there is really no downside to doing it.
What to Say When Giving Your Boss a Thank You Note for A Bonus
When you’re ready to write your note, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
First and foremost, don’t stress over what you want to say and try to write the perfect note – just be yourself and be genuine.
Thanking your boss because it’s “the right thing to do” won’t have the same impact as truly expressing how grateful you are.
A simple, “Thank you so much for the bonus, it was very welcomed. It’s comforting to know that you trust in my abilities, you know I will always give 100% to the team. Thank you!” is enough.
Keep it short, sweet, and to the point – your boss will appreciate it.
If you want a starting point, please feel free to use any of the examples from above and change the details to suit your exact situation.
Oh, and congrats on the bonus!
Header Photo by Frugal Flyer on Unsplash
I’m a MA, (CMT) Certified Massage Therapist, Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT), and Reiki Master — I’m a licensed massage therapist with over 10 years of experience in the industry.