If your work and dedication have been recognized by your boss, coworker, or someone else at work – it feels great, doesn’t it!?
Whether you did something small or worked on a short project or received recognition for your long service, I know how it feels.
The best thing you can do in response is to thank that person for recognizing your efforts.
Here is how to say thank you for being recognized at work with 30 examples of thank you responses:
How to Say Thank You for Being Recognized at Work – 30 Examples
- Thank you so much for recognizing my efforts! I appreciate it more than you know and will continue to always do my best.
- Thank you! It feels great to be recognized and appreciated. It was kind of you to take the time to let me know you appreciate my efforts.
- I’m so glad you noticed my hard work! Thank you so much for saying something, it means the world to me honestly.
- Thank you, I really appreciate your acknowledgment. Your recognition means a lot to me and adds more fuel to the fire that keeps me pushing myself daily.
- Thank you for your kind words, I’m really happy that my efforts have been noticed and it means a lot to me that you would take the time to let me know.
- I appreciate your support and recognition, thank you! I don’t push so hard to get recognition, but it feels good to know that my efforts are being noticed.
- Thank you for taking the time to notice my contributions, it means a lot coming from you.
- It feels great to be appreciated, thank you! I really enjoy working at [company name] and feel motivated to do even better in the future.
- A little appreciation goes a long way with me. I feel blessed to have you as a boss and hear how much you appreciate all of my hard work.
- Thank you for acknowledging my accomplishments and contributions to the team. It means a lot to me to know that you’re aware of how hard I’m trying.
- It makes me feel valued to hear that you’ve noticed my contributions to the team. Thanks for taking the time to let me know you’ve been noticing.
- Thank you for the recognition! It feels amazing to know that my work is being appreciated. I’ll continue to strive for excellence and exceed expectations.
- I’m truly humbled by your words of appreciation. Thank you for taking the time to recognize me, it really does mean a lot.
- Your recognition is very much appreciated, I feel honored to be part of such a dynamic and positive team and my contribution wouldn’t have been possible without my coworkers.
- I must admit, I was a little embarrassed to be put on the spot like that – but I do appreciate you recognizing all of my efforts and letting me know.
- Thank you, it feels wonderful to be appreciated. Your recognition and approval make all the effort feel even more worthwhile.
- Closing a deal myself is just as important for me as it is seeing one of my coworkers close a deal. I appreciate your kind words, it’s certainly a team effort though.
- Being recognized as such a key team player means a lot to me. I’ve grown as a person, both personally and professionally being part of this team, it wouldn’t have been possible without you and my coworkers.
- Hearing you tell me that I’m a valued member of this company meant a lot to me. Thank you for that level of recognition and assurance that I’m on the right track.
- I appreciate that you take my contributions seriously and always consider my side. Being recognized for my experience makes me feel valued, and I thank you.
- Recognizing my expertise in [area] and placing me where I’d be the most effective is a level of recognition that I appreciate. I’m dedicated to continually improving in my role.
- Thank you for pointing out the things I’ve been contributing to the team in a recent meeting. It was nice to see my efforts being recognized in front of others, I appreciate it.
- Thank you for the recognition, it really does mean a lot. I’ll continue to strive for excellence and exceed expectations in everything that I do. Your approval is all the motivation I need to keep pushing myself harder. Thanks again!
- Thank you so much for your kind words, they mean the world to me. It’s been an honor and a pleasure to work with you, and I’ll continue to do my best in everything that I do. Thanks for the recognition!
- It truly does mean a lot coming from you. You’ve been an excellent mentor and I’ve learned so much from you. I’ll continue working hard and strive to be the best that I can be. Thank you for the recognition!
- Thank you for your support and recognition. It feels great to know that my efforts are being noticed. I’ll continue to push myself hard and exceed expectations in everything that I do. Thanks again!
- I didn’t expect you to recognize my work anniversary. It was a nice surprise and shows how thoughtful and supportive you are.
- I didn’t even realize that you had noticed [achievement]. I was taken aback when you bought it up, but I wanted to let you know that it meant a lot to me to hear your kind words.
- Thank you, I greatly appreciate the compliment. I feel very encouraged by this recognition and am happy to hear that my skills have improved since joining the team.
- Thank you for speaking so favorably of my work ethic and the things I’ve achieved over the years. It encourages me to continue to perform at a high standard and push myself.
Related – How to say thanks to a child’s therpist and an estate agent for helping close on a home.
Should You Thank Your Boss or Coworker for Recognizing Your Efforts?
It’s not always easy to know how to react when you’re recognized for your efforts at work.
On one hand, you want to appear humble and grateful, but on the other hand, you don’t want to come across as boastful or arrogant.
So, what’s the best way to say thank you for being recognized at work?
By simply sending the person who acknowledged your efforts and achievements a note and thanking them.
There is no downside to sending them a note. It only takes a few minutes to write it, and it’s going to mean the world to them.
What Should You Say When Writing a ‘Thanks for The Recognition’ Note?
When writing a ‘thanks for the recognition’ note, you want to keep it short and sweet.
You certainly don’t want to go overboard or write a novel – a simple thank you will suffice.
You should mention how much their support or recognition meant to you and how it encouraged you to continue working hard or change your approach in any way.
If you’re not sure what to say, I listed 30 examples above that you’re welcome to use and change to suit your exact situation.
The key things to include are:
- Your level of appreciation
- How their support or recognition has impacted you
- What you’ll do next as a result of their actions
The best thing is that saying thank you is a small gesture that can have a big impact on the recipient.
It only takes a few minutes to write a note, but it’ll mean the world to the person who was thoughtful enough to recognize your efforts.
So, if you’ve been recognized for your efforts at work, don’t hesitate to send a quick note of thanks – it’ll make all the difference.
Related – How to thank your boss for supporting you and 10 thank you poems you can give your therapist.
Header Photo by Kushagra Kevat on Unsplash
I’m a MA, (CMT) Certified Massage Therapist, Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT), and Reiki Master — I’m a licensed massage therapist with over 10 years of experience in the industry.