Just because someone isn’t here with us physically on Earth, it doesn’t mean you can’t pass on happy birthday messages to them.
I’ve lost people close to me, and I still wish them a happy birthday and say some words to remember them on special days.
Here are examples of a happy birthday message to my brother who passed away:
20 Happy Birthday Message to My Brother Who Passed Away
- “Happy Birthday in Heaven, my sweet brother. I miss you every day and this is our first birthday without you. This world isn’t so bright without your comforting presence. You’re still with me in spirit and in my heart.”
- “Happy Birthday to an angel above. You will never be forgotten or replaced as the light of our lives. We all miss you here and are celebrating your birthday just as we would if you were here.”
- “I send this happy birthday message to my brother who passed away with all the love that I have. You may not be here but your memory lives on in our hearts.”
- “On what would have been your special day, we are wishing you a very Happy Birthday in Heaven. You will never be forgotten or replaced as the light of our lives.”
- “Today marks a bittersweet reminder of how much we miss you. Wishing you an unforgettable birthday celebration in Heaven, my beloved brother.”
- “This is a special day for me and I hope it’s also a special day for you up there. Sending Happy Birthday wishes from down here!”
- “Happy Birthday! As I reminisce about our time together, I remember all the joy and love you brought into my life. You will always be in my heart.”
- “We are missing you more on this special day but remember that your spirit will continue to live on forever. Wishing you a Happy Birthday up in Heaven, brother.”
- “On your special day, we reflect on how much we miss you here with us. Sending happy birthday wishes from down here and hoping that you have the most wonderful celebration up there in Heaven.”
- “Today is a bittersweet reminder of how much I miss having you here with me. Wishing you an unforgettable birthday celebration in Heaven; until we’re able to be together again, bro.”
- “Thinking of you today as it’s your birthday and wishing that wherever you are now, it is filled with love and happiness.”
- “Happy Birthday in Heaven, my beloved brother. We will always have the memories of all the wonderful moments we shared. We miss you every day and you’re never far from our thoughts, not just on your birthday.”
- “I send love and Happy Birthday wishes to my brother who passed away. You are still with us in spirit and your memory lives on forever in our hearts.”
- “My dearest brother, I hope you can feel all the love we have for you today as it’s your birthday. Sending happy birthday messages to heaven!”
- “Today marks a special day for me because it is yours too! Wishing you an unforgettable celebration up there in Heaven – Happy Birthday!”
- “Remembering you today with lots of love and warm wishes! May your birthday be filled with everlasting joy from above! Happy Birthday in Heaven!”
- “Today, even though you are not here with us, I still want to wish you a very happy birthday. Please know that you are always in our hearts and thoughts.”
- “Happy Birthday up in Heaven! May this special day remind us of all the beautiful memories we shared together.”
- “Happy Birthday my brother – You are always in my heart, and forever on my mind.”
- “Happy Birthday bro, I want you to know that you’ll never be forgotten. You are in your new home now, but you will live on through us and we’ll celebrate your birthday every year.”
More thank you notes and wishes:
Examples of thank you notes for your family after graduation;
Examples of thank you poems you can give your coworkers;
How Do You Say Happy Birthday to A Person Who Passed Away?
The best way to say happy birthday to a person who has passed away is to acknowledge their absence while also celebrating their life and memory.
You can begin by acknowledging the loss that you feel, then go on to express your love and gratitude for their life and all the special moments shared.
Offer up a blessing for the special person and let them know that you are thinking of them on their birthday.
You might also choose to share a funny memory or inspiring quote that connects with your feelings about the deceased friend or family member.
In addition, you can do something special in honor of the person’s life, such as visiting a favorite place, donating to a charity, or sending birthday wishes through an online memorial page.
No matter how you choose to honor your special someone on their birthday, keep in mind that it’s a personal thing and you can do it however you want to.
If it helps you with the grief, remember that the person is not gone completely, and your love for them will never die.
Although they may no longer be able to physically celebrate their birthday, they will always be with you in spirit.
Image credits – Photo by Ben Vaughn on Unsplash
I’m a MA, (CMT) Certified Massage Therapist, Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT), and Reiki Master — I’m a licensed massage therapist with over 10 years of experience in the industry.