Looking for some witty and light-hearted sayings to put on your running sign?
I’ve got you covered!
Here are 35 funny running quotes you can use on a sign to make the person or persons you’re supporting smile as they run past!
35 Funny Running Quotes for Signs
- “Pain is temporary, running makes it last longer”
- “Pain is just weakness leaving your body”
- “Running: cheaper than therapy!”
- “Run like you stole something!”
- “A bad day of running is still better than a good day of doing almost anything else!”
- “Running feels like flying…if flying was really, really hard.”
- “Embrace the pain to chase the gain!”
- “It’s not a sprint. It’s a marathon…so pace yourself!”
- “You miss 100% of the runs you don’t take.”—Wayne Gretzky
- “The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.”—John Bingham
- “Run like the wind, fly like an eagle!”
- “I don’t run to add days to my life. I run to add life to my days.”—Ronald Rook
- “Don’t dream of winning, train for it!”
- “Running is a mental sport…and we’re all insane!”
- “Everything looks brighter when you’re running with a smile.”
- “It’s not how fast you can go but how far you can go at your own pace.”
- “Suffering is optional”
- “Leggo my ego!”
- “Embrace the struggle and find the beauty in the beast”
- “The race is long and in the end, it’s only with yourself”
- “Run the mile you’re in”
- “Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional”
- “If it was easy, everyone would do it!”
- “Running: because someone said you couldn’t!”
- “The only one who can tell you “you can’t” is you. And you don’t have to listen.”—Nike
- “I always loved running…it was something you could do by yourself, and under your own power. You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs.”—Jesse Owens
- “No guts, no glory!”
- “Pain is temporary. Pride is forever.”
- “If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.”
- “Run today like there’s no tomorrow – because you’ll be regretting this tomorrow!”
- “Run wild and free!”
- “The best part of running? The finish line!”
- “Smile, you might be on camera!”
- “You’re not even sweating hard yet!”
- “Blisters are in this season, so I heard.”
Related thank you notes and messages:
Examples of good luck messages for your boyfriend;
Examples of thank you messages to a travel companion;
How Do You Wish a Runner Good Luck in A Race?
Funny or not, wishing a runner good luck in a race is always a great way to give them support and encouragement.
Here are some phrases you can use for that purpose:
- “Run with the wind in your hair!”
- “Good luck and have fun out there!”
- “Break a leg!”
- “Go get ’em!”
- “Kill it out there!”
- “I’m cheering for you!”
- “You got this!”
- “Make us proud!”
- “You’ve worked so hard – all the best today.”
- “Knock it out of the park!”
You know the person better than anyone so you’ll know their personality and the message that will give them the extra push they need to make it to the finish line.
No matter what you say, sending your best wishes in the form of a funny running quote will definitely make them smile!
Why Do People Hold up Running Signs?
Running signs are a great way to show support and encouragement for the runners in any race.
It’s an uplifting and motivating experience to have people cheering you on with inspiring quotes, funny sayings, or just simply shouting your name.
You can even personalize the sign with their names and favorite running joke! So get creative and make your runner feel like they can conquer anything!
No matter the distance, these funny running quotes will put a smile on anyone’s face as they jog by.
Have fun making your own unique signs for your friends or family and enjoy watching them run their best each time! Good luck!
Image credits – Photo by Pietro Rampazzo on Unsplash
I’m a MA, (CMT) Certified Massage Therapist, Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT), and Reiki Master — I’m a licensed massage therapist with over 10 years of experience in the industry.